Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Quiet Book Pages {Delightfully Creative}

I recently participated in a quiet book page swap and it was a lot of fun. There were 10 of us involved and we all made two pages each. So, we made 10 versions of both of our pages and we all had a full quiet book at the end!

Actually, we had enough for two with 20 pages! Here are the pages I made and the pages from the first book.


I am pretty excited about this, even though they are not perfect. This was my first sewing machine project.

My pages go together-a vegetable garden on the left where the child can "pick" the vegetables and then feed them to the animals on the right.


I got the idea for the vegetable garden from Bubbles and Bobbins.


For the radishes and carrots, I used extra firm felt so that I wouldn't have to double up on felt-saved me some time!

I downloaded and cut some vegetable die cuts from Silhouette for the patterns.

I left the bottom of the "dirt" open in case the vegetables fell into the holes.

For my farm animals, I used a finger puppet pattern from Oh Baby.


Here are the pages made by others who participated in the swap:

Mr./Mrs. Potato Head



Button Flowers


Road


Traffic Light



 Zipper Jacket


 Tree



We used Firm Sew-In Pellon for the pages, which turned out to be great. It is very stiff and durable. I was able to punch holes through it with a hole punch and put the pages in a regular 3-ring binder.

More to come soon!

Delightfully Creating,

 Linking To:

MONDAYS
TUESDAYS  
The Inspiration Exchange with  
Clean and Scentsible // City Farmhouse // Ella Claire // Yellow Bliss Road 

 WEDNESDAYS
Work It Wednesday with
The Happy Housie // The Blissful Bee // The Turquoise Home // Place of My Taste  
Pretty Wednesday with Free Pretty Things For You

THURSDAYS  
Inspiration Gallery with
Design, Dining, Diapers // Crafterberry Bush // The Golden Sycamore

FRIDAYS
For the Kids Fridays with Sun Scholars
The Party Bunch Link with 
The 36th Avenue // The Idea Room // 30 Handmade Days // Whipperberry
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog
 
SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS

2 comments:

  1. April,
    These are so cute! My favorite is the carrot and farm animals page. What a great idea!
    Best,
    Aida@TheCraftingFoodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aida! Those were the ones I made, so you made my day.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails