Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Inexpensive and Creative Gift Wrapping Part 1 {Wrap It Up}

It's time for four days of

Ideas For How To Inexpensively Make Those Packages Beautiful!
I love wrapping gifts creatively and inexpensively. To me, a wrapped package is like a blank canvas. Even though the recipient is going to rip everything off, I enjoy giving beautifully wrapped packages! 

Last year, I decided to have gift wrapping themes. I know, I am crazy. But, it helped me be more efficient and keep it cheap (by not buying every cute embellishment I loved). So, I am carry on on the tradition this year. 

For the next four days, I will show you last year's gifts. A lot of the items I use to decorate packages are ones I already have around the house, keeping it cheap!

My themes last year were Vintage Noel for the adults and Merry & Bright for the Kidos. So, today I will begin by showing you some Vintage Noel.


For this theme, I used plain brown packing wrap and newspaper wrapping paper and used the embellishments to add color. This is an awesome way to cut gift-wrapping costs. I bought the packing wrap at the Dollar Tree, which sells this paper year-round. I would have just used recycled newspaper, but I found this newspaper gift wrap in the dollar spot at Target, so I went with that instead. 

For this gift, I did a simple cross-wrap with baker's twine and added a holly leaf, which I hand-drew onto scrapbook paper and cut out. I then cut one out in the newspaper wrap to give it some layers. For the berries, I used some red buttons I had stashed away. 

For this one, I did a cross-tie with baker's twine and added fake firs and pine cones. I had these leftover from some decorating project, so I threw it in my gift wrap stash. You can certainly go into your back yard and get the real thing for free! I really like off-setting a cross-tie by placing the embellishments slightly diagonally.

This one is pretty self-explanatory. :-) Just leftover ribbon and lace!

For this one, I used leftover scrapbook paper to make the wide "ribbon." I placed a doily on top (very inexpensive and pretty!) and secured it with a a cross-tie with baker's twine. I then used leftover scrap from the newspaper wrap and punched out a scalloped circle with my punch and placed a spare button on top.


For this one, I tied a several-layered cross-tie with baker's twine and tied on some vintage-rustic bells, leftover from a craft project.

Here's another several-layered cross-tie. I added white berries to this one that I had leftover from decorating my mantle. Again, I off-set the cross-tie by tying the embellishment on diagonally.

For this one I punched out a scallop circle from the newspaper wrap scraps. Over it, I tied two simple lines of baker's twine in different colors and added spare buttons. 

I hope this inspires your gift-wrapping and gives you some inexpensive ideas.

Delightfully Wrapping,


 MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios

 WEDNESDAYS
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
The 36th Avenue Party Time with The 36th Avenue 
Thursdays Are Your Days with 52 Mantels

FRIDAYS
For the Kids Fridays with Sun Scholars 
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog
 
SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing 
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes
That DIY Party with DIY Show Off  
The Sunday Showcase with Stephanie Lynn
 Our Sunday Best with Momnivore's Dilemma and  A Pretty Life in the Suburbs

4 comments:

  1. Love! I think the bells are my fave. I wrap with kraft paper all the time. It's inexpensive and you can do so much with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im really liking the newspaper wrapping, looks great. You have some really great ideas there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Deonna from the Child at Heart blog! I love this post and would love for you to link up to the Merriest Blog Hop and share your creations! I love how every present is different and special!
    http://www.thechildatheartblog.com/2013/11/the-merriest-blog-hop-week-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look really pretty.The pine cone one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails