Monday, December 10, 2012

Gift Packaging with Paper Bags and Scraps (Delightfully Creative)

I love wrapping gifts and making them look cute. My family, however, doesn't share my feelings. They are practical. They don't see the need for fancy packages, beyond cute paper, when you're going to tear into them. Except for my mom-she makes things cute. I guess that's where I get it.

That's OK! Even if they do not care what a gift looks like, I make them cute so I can look at them and have fun making them pretty!

This year, I am wrapping my gifts in two themes-yes, themes. I am officially an aesthetic geek. This is my first year for theme-wrapping. So, here I am-putting expectations on myself (because my wrapping is nowhere near done).

My themes this year are Merry & Bright for the kids and Vintage Noel for the adults...stay tuned for more of this later! Oh, and I am using plain brown packing paper from The Dollar Store, Newspaper Print from the Target Dollar Spot, and things I have around the house-frugal and fabulous. Can't wait!

I did finish one packaging project, though! I used brown paper lunch bags I had on hand along with various other crafty scraps I had lying around. It goes under my "Vintage Noel" category.


Here's how I created this package-

Materials:
  • brown lunch bag
  • 12x12 Scrapbook paper
  • washi tape
  • paper doily
  • baker's twine
Tools:
  • Hole punch 
  • scissors
How To:

1. Before you put the gift in the bag, cut scrapbook paper in strip of about 4.5"x12" and stick on front of bag (side where the bottom is folded AWAY from you) with double stick tape. Press down firmly. The paper will be slightly longer than the bag.


Fold longer end of the paper over to the back and stick with double stick tape and press firmly.





2. Attach washi tape to the front in similar fashion. I used three rows of tape because mi tape was thin and I thought three rows looked better.



3. Place gift in the bag and fold top over. Fold doily in half and place over top. Punch two holes through the middle of the doily and bag.





4. Cut a piece of twine about three arm lengths long. String both ends through the holes in the bag and doily from back to front.


Wrap twin to the back of the bag and string through holes again back to front and tie in a bow int he front.


If you're using a small doily, you're done! But, if your doily is a little big, like mine, you can fold the ends to the back and tape down.


Delightful Wrapping!
APRIL

Linking To:

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
Make It Monday with Brassy Apple
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
 The Creative Spark with Clean & Scentsible

WEDNESDAYS
 Home Decor&Organizing Party with Organize and Decorate Everything
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
Uncommonly Yours with Uncommon    
Show and Share with Southern Lovely 

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma

FRIDAYS
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo  
Once Upon a Weekend with Family Ever After
 
SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS  
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing   
Saturday Seven with Positively Splendid
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes


CHRISTMAS
 Handmade Christmas Link Party with Clean & Scentsible

Other  
The CSI Project - Weekly Craft Challenges
Creative Christmas Wrap Challenge
Handmade Christmas Link Party with Clean & Scentsible
 
Visit thecsiproject.com

6 comments:

  1. Super cute! The doily makes it so unique and an easy kind of fancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome!! I love finding uses for brown paper bags. I made some gift tags out of them, along with a bit of paper from old books. I love how you used the doily!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable and just my style. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly
    Clever Chicks Blog Hop:

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/clever-chicks-blog-hop-13.html
    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. That you so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails